gone. (katezinha) wrote in future_expats,

Apologies for the vagueness.

Hi there. I'm a British citizen with the intention of moving to Finland, when enough money is suffice for the move. I have a question that's quite vague, but I'd truly love an actual answer rather than British Embassy babble giving me contradictory stories.

Being an EU citizen, I can travel and work freely within Europe for three-six months. I can also freely apply for a residency permit in Finland, provided I have the credentials and I was under the impression I would get that permit under my British passport and live there as an 'alien'. But, when does dual-citizenship come into play? Is that for non-EU citizens, or would I eventually have to pick/choose? I don't understand the difference. Doesn't permanent mean just that, permanent?
  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded